Monday, March 31, 2008

D'Oh, HeHe, Ouch


Update on the latest spinal tappings.
After an X-ray that revealed a neck problem - gee really?- an MRI was ordered. This was my first experience with the "scary tube". I'd heard many stories of claustrophobic horror. Men reduced to little girls when trapped inside this cylindrical tomb of terror. Well here's my take; good grief, grow up Nancy. Besides being louder than I thought it was 30 minutes of peaceful rest. The occasional angelic voice asking if all is well made things even more delightful.

So the resulting image prompted a meeting with a neurosurgeon. Here's where I say it doesn't matter how small the problem, when someone says "we're setting you up with a neurosurgeon" it just doesn't sound good. "You'll have to see a neurosurgeon to pick up your ice cream cake and balloon animals". See? still disturbing. But this was a pleasant enough visit which brings me to Homer up there. When he (the Doctor, not Homer) showed me the MRI it looked and reminded me of this picture so I had to chuckle. After I thought about the absurdity I really wanted to laugh out loud. Sadly because my brain looked very similar.

All of which brings us to today. Day 1 of physical therapy to try and alleviate the slipped disc in my C-5-6 region. Alot of boring stretches and movements that most certainly will make me a pilates instructor down the road. I was really hoping for some sort of medieval device that would stretch my spine and allow things to re-adjust. Perhaps after a while I could yell Freedom!! as King Longshanks passes away(sorry, obscure Braveheart reference)
So we'll see how well this works. Hopefully it does the trick. I'm tired of taking it easy.
Besides, I've got that pilates class to teach.

3 comments:

Cliff Marshall said...

Not only do you have a Pilates class to teach, after the last two nights I think the Braves need you coming out of the bullpen. The sooner you get well, the sooner Tom Glavine gets his first win back in an ATL uniform.

DMaC said...

Ahh gee for real. Scott Smith pitching underhand could do better.

Chip Reeves said...

Awwww maaaaan, I thought they were gonna put you on the rack! What a ripoff.
"Put them in the Iron Maiden."
"Excellent!"